Saturday, July 13, 2013

Free

There are perks of living in one place for nine months. One of those perks is finally filling up a punch card and receiving a free cup of coffee. You may be wondering how a coffee lover like myself took a whole nine months to fill out a punch card, simple - there are too many shops! Back home I had two choices: Starbucks or Caribou, but here there are about six major chains in Ulsan and many more small shops that also have punch cards. I have eleven punch cards for coffee shops (I had twelve until yesterday when I finally got a free cup of coffee) and I'll probably finish three more before heading back to the States.

Another perk is having a handle on the bus routes. Yesterday Meredith and I decided to meet by City Hall for coffee and to find the Thrift Store that accepts donations. I didn't need to look up online what buses went past the city hall because I already knew! So as my time for departure got closer all I needed to do was open my Korean Bus App and type in the bus numbers to see what bus left my stop at a decent time to get me to the City Hall at eleven. Now before you get too impressed I can't read the Korean on the App, I have just memorized where my bus stop is on the APP and look for the time it comes. I do believe that is a big kind of accomplishment that has somehow become part of my routine.

Bless friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment