Thursday, February 21, 2013

Trends

For a small country Korea has a lot of people all following the same trend. One of the biggest trends in Korea are smart phones - big smart phones. I'm not talking about big like a wallet. I'm talking about greeting card big. I have even seen some as big as a man's hand.

When I first got my new phone I didn't know where to put it because it felt so big compared to my simple but reliable phone I had in the states. I quickly discovered that my smart phone is in fact small and compact. Some of the phones I see on the bus are too big to fit in pockets and are even made bigger by the cute cases with animal ears on them.

My phone came with a free white plastic case and I cringed inside because I knew that it was only a matter of time before the case was gray. Over a month ago I began my exploration for a new phone case by visiting the many phone case stores around the city. These stores are covered wall to wall with bright colored cases. Some have ears and others have covers to protect the screens. Each time I came into a store I'd look for my phone model and either give up or show someone my phone. Sometimes they would show me to a small section that held 5 cases that all had cats on them and I'd leave disappointed.

Two weekends ago I walked into a new store and showed them my phone and the lady took me up the stairs into a small room with only one wall covered in cases. Once again there were only about six cases for my phone but finally I was able to find one that didn't have cats on it!

What have I learned? When the Koreans move onto bigger and better things - they don't stock the past!

Blessings friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment