Tuesday, September 3, 2013

11.

Here I am again writing a blog post on the 4th of the month. I have been in Ulsan, South Korea for eleven months - crazy! The time has just flew by (with a few moments of snail like slowness). I believe this month will be over before I know it and then I'll be on a plane for Oslo, Norway! I am so excited to spend a week with my mom traveling around Norway. I think it will be a good way to rejuvenate my soul and help ease jet lag.

One of the oddest parts of teaching English in South Korea is the sporadic hiring system. Since people are hired at different times, often it is someone's last month. I experienced that back in November for the first time and it has continued throughout the year. During people's last month they try to see last minute landmarks, eat at their favorite restaurants, and say their final goodbyes to those staying behind.

Now it's my last month. I have every weekend full of fun things to do and I even have a few trips planned. Hopefully I won't have too many mishaps along the way (fingers crossed).

Last weekend started my conqueror-the-to-do-list expedition. Meredith and I FINALLY got brunch at London Tea and it was delicious. I was so happy that they were back from vacation. I will miss that cream cheese filled french toast. After brunch we went to Grand Park, rented bikes and rode around the park. It was a beautiful day and the best part was the cool breeze! After the bikes we sat on a bench and just enjoyed the moment. Then we went to Lotte and rode the ferris wheel. Supposedly it is the highest man-made height in Korea. It was great to see the city from that height. We also got to redeem my free curry stamp card (thanks mostly to Samantha who helped me get four stamps before she went home). Yep, it was a lovely day.

I look forward to more lovely days in Korea. Bless friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment