Friday, October 19, 2012

Things that make me laugh

This past week a few things have left me shaking my head with a little smile and chuckling. Oh Korea. I wanted to share some of those moment with you.

Without fail I have to go to the bathroom around 12:30am. And as I reach the bathroom I am always met by this awful sound. It is a mix between a crying cat and singing in Korean. I kept wondering, is there a Karaoke Bar by my apartment? (Which there could be since I can't read the signs!) One night walking back to my apartment I decided to look into each building as I passed. And I noticed that right by my apartment in an Arcade. Like an old school Pac Man, use coins Arcade. As soon as I got home I went into my little laundry room to see if I could see the Arcade from my window. And sure enough the Arcade is across from my window, with their side door open. Mystery solved. I have now discovered that I walk by two different Arcades on my way home from the University bus stop. 

One of the treasures that had been left behind is a cutting board. But this cutting board isn't a plain color. Oh no, that would be boring! This cutting board has a picture of Peter Rabbit from Beatrix Potter. Like from the children's books!  

The Native teacher before me left this little notebook with important information (bus routes to certain locations). I have been bringing it with me wherever I go and I have also started to call it my handy dandy notebook. Oh goodness Danielle... you are now quoting Blues Clues. 

Most of the little stores here sell socks. Socks of all sorts of colors and also with all sorts of animals on them! I now own a pair that look like Zebras thanks to a sweet friend as a birthday gift. 

I have started to notice that some of my students look like people I have met back home, just Korean. There are a few that look like kids I have met at Hangtime, one looks like my cousin, a girl from track, and my favorite: like Russell from UP!

My favorite smile and chuckle moment is living 14 hours ahead. I got to celebrate my birthday over two days. I am blessed to have such great family and friends who remembered my birthday would be a day early since I am in Korea. Thank you for making my day so special! 

Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment