Saturday, August 3, 2013

10.

Somehow I've made it to my tenth month anniversary of living in Ulsan, South Korea. The month of August has started out hot and sticky but I fixed my little fan a few weeks ago and I've been able to have cool nights for sleeping.

The school semester ended on July 26th and I can tell that the summer holiday has officially started in Ulsan. The buses are slow and packed full of people and the traffic is bad. The hardest thing to get used to is random businesses being closed for vacation.

I had three days off at the end of July and I wanted to visit this cute little brunch cafe near the park with my friends. We all met up and walked to the cafe only to find a sign in Korean on the window and dates 7/29-8/29. Really? You're on vacation for a whole month and your little cafe will be closed? That was frustrating mainly because we were hungry and hot.

There are a few places near my apartment that are closed for the week too. A cell phone store that is a part of a big chain in Korea is closed for four days and a Korean restaurant will be closed for the same days. It is interesting to think that people close their whole store just because they won't be there.

I'll be very busy the next two weeks with English Summer Camp. For this camp I picked a pirate/survival theme. I hope the kids will enjoy learning how to speak pirate and tying ropes. This camp is only 9 days long and I'm so thankful for that! Winter camp was 15 days and I was so tired that when my vacation finally started all I ended up doing was sleeping.

It's hard to believe that I'll be home in a little over two months. I have some important decisions to make, like should my first meal be Jimmy John's or Chipotle... or both? ha.

Bless friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment