Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Summer Camp


I think I have finally recovered from summer camp. In all honesty it wasn't as stressful as winter camp because it was only two weeks long, the classes were shorter and I knew what to expect. 

My classes were much quieter and I didn't have many discipline problems. I worried I'd have too quiet of classes because my afternoon classes ended being 3 students and 1 student. I also had a first grader come and listen to both classes. I felt bad for him because he had no idea what was going on. I ended up printing off color by number worksheets for him so he could stay busy while I taught. 

This camp's theme was pirates. I enjoyed it but I think the students liked the Harry Potter theme better (I know I liked it better!) We had two field trips and I was excited for the one to Hyundai Mortars Company but it ended up being a let down because the factory they typically show was under construction so our tour was given on the bus while we drove around the company and a worker explained in korean about each building. There wasn't a whole lot of English used that day but I guess they had fun. We also went to the Ulsan Museum again and it was similar to our winter camp experience. 

Here are some pictures from camp. We made candles one day and a korean dessert another day. 


Bless friends

No comments:

Post a Comment